Quick and Easy Dishes to Cook for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to gather with loved ones, and of course, enjoy delicious food. Whether you’re an expert in the kitchen, or you aren’t the most frequent cooker, the team here at Ray Brandt Nissan of South Mississippi has composed this list of simple dishes that you can bring on Thanksgiving. Don’t plan on cooking for the holidays? We’ve got you covered there as well! Keep reading to discover some tasty meals that you can cook for Thanksgiving, as well as some local eateries that offer appetizing carry-out options.
Simple Thanksgiving Recipes
From savory to sweet, there’s a Thanksgiving dish that will satisfy your taste buds. Below, we’ve put a list of meals and desserts that you can quickly whip up in the kitchen:
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Pecan Stuffing–This stuffing recipe with a 15-minute preparation time and a total of 14 ingredients will have everyone around the table asking for seconds. All you have to do is slice and dice the necessary ingredients, throw it all in the Crockpot, then let it cook for three to four hours. It’s just that simple!
- Garlic Smashed Potatoes–Few foods can match the versatility of potatoes, and this dish attests to that. With a preparation time of 30 minutes and a cook time of about 25 minutes, smashed potatoes are perfect if you’re craving something flavorful and crispy.
- Roast Turkey with Rosemary and Lemon–It wouldn’t be a proper Thanksgiving feast without a turkey. This recipe is perfect if you’re having lots of guests, as it can serve up to 10 people (you’ll want to purchase a turkey that’s around 12 pounds). It only calls for eight ingredients and has a cook time of three hours. so you can concentrate on making other dishes while it sits in the oven!
- Easiest-Ever Pumpkin Pie–Once you’re done with the main courses, you always want to leave room for dessert! This pumpkin pie recipe calls for seven ingredients: ¾ cup of sugar, 1 ½ teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, ½ teaspoon of salt, 1 can of pumpkin, 1 ¼ cups of evaporated milk or half and half, 2 beaten eggs, and 1 pie crust. Once you’ve combined all of these ingredients, put them in the oven for about three hours and soon you’ll have a decadent dessert.
Carry-Out Options for Thanksgiving
If you don’t plan on cooking for Thanksgiving, there are plenty of restaurants in the Gulfport and Ocean Springs area that allow customers to take their food to go! From Japanese cuisine to Mexican food, you’ll have a seemingly endless list of options to choose from. Some of these restaurants include:
- Osaka Japanese Hibachi and Sushi Grill–When you’re looking for flavorful and filling sushi, there’s no better place in D’Iberville than Osaka Japanese Hibachi and Sushi Grill. Their menu consists of a range of dishes, from tofu and calamari to miso soup and a wide variety of rolls. Contact them for curbside pickup!
- Newk’s Eatery–Whether you and your guests are craving pizza or you’d prefer a sandwich, you’re sure to find that and more at Newk’s Eatery. Located at 3883 Promenade Pkwy in D’Iberville, Newk’s carries a large selection of clubs, salads, soups, and pizzas. Plus, if you don’t feel like driving to the restaurant for curbside pickup, you can always opt for no-contact delivery and have your food brought right to your front door.
- Pepe’s Bosque Grill–At Pepe’s Bosque Grill, you’ll find authentic Mexican cuisine from tacos and tortas to restaurant-exclusive dishes like Pepe’s enchiladas. Listed as “One of the Best Places to Eat in 2021” by Gulf Coast Woman, you can always count on Pepe’s to provide you with excellent service, fresh ingredients, and overall outstanding food.
Reach out to Ray Brandt Nissan of South Mississippi for More Holiday Ideas!
Do you have any recommendations for simple Thanksgiving recipes? Or, are there any restaurants in the Vancleave area with food that you just can’t get enough of? Contact us today because we’d love to know! Ray Brandt Nissan of South Mississippi is more than a dealership that sells new and pre-owned vehicles. We’re committed to supporting our community and surrounding businesses so that D’Iberville can continue to thrive and be a place that you love to call home!